Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The Idea


The Idea

I feel in love with the idea of you:
Loving me
Holding me
Wanting me
Understanding me
Appreciating me

I fell in love with the idea of me and you:
Having our own
Making trips to exotic places
Graduating together
Creating a family

I fell in love with the idea.....
Guess that's the problem
I fell in love with an idea
And not the true person
Fell in love with the person I knew
Not the one in the present

But the dreams you promised
I viewed as a blessing
Didn't understand the lies you came up with
Were ideas I had of a love from when I was a kid
You listened and never judged

So I thought you really cared
You chased me
So I thought the feelings I caught
Made it all fair
But as time moved on your actions not your words
Proved my assumptions completely wrong

Confused on how to feel
Should I be: hurt
Sad
Heart broken
Mad
Not give a fuck
Or should I just be glad

That I'm back to the old me
But she cold hearted
Not capable of love
Someone I was sick of being

But she the one who shed no tears
Showed no fears
Held it all in
And had no problems from it

Guess the idea of me
The idea of you
The idea of us
Was just an idea
Of how some parts of love should be
But I guess the idea of me
Wasn’t enough to keep you out the streets

So me and my ideas are going
And I regret to inform you
My ideas of us will remain just that
An idea

August 15, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment